I’m moving down my Portuguese maternal line. The Pimentel family came from Achada and Sao Jorge in Nordeste, Sao Miguel Island, Azores.
The Pimentel’s are another maternal lineage. The Pimentel surname goes from my 3rd Great Grandmother to my 6th Great Grandmother. The surname ends with my Great Great Grandmother, Ana Jacinta (de Melo) Pacheco. She took on her Father’s surname–or sometimes only used Ana Jacinta.
The line starts with Maria de Pimentel, a woman I know next to nothing about. She was born ca. 1700. Her husband is unknown.
Ahnentafel of Ana Jacinta de MELO – 11 Jun 2011
1. Ana Jacinta de MELO: born about 1840 in Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel Isl.; died on 4 Dec 1902 in Kilauea?, Kauai Co., HI.
2. Jose Francisco de MELO: born about 1795 in Achada Grande, Sao Miguel, Acores; married on 14 Dec 1827 in N.S. da Annunciacao, Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel Island; died before Jul 1876.
3. Rosa PIMENTEL: born about 1800 in Achada Grande, Sao Miguel, Acores; died before 29 Jan 1865.
6. Joze FURTADO: born on 13 Sep 1767 in Achada Grande, Sao Miguel, Acores; married on 29 May 1791 in N.S. da Annunciacao, Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel Island.
7. Antonia PIMENTEL: born on 26 Apr 1768 in Achada Grande, Sao Miguel, Acores.
14. Antonio Furtado RESENDES: born on 11 Sep 1724 in Achada Grande, Sao Miguel, Acores; married about 1755 in Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel Isl.; died before 29 May 1791.
15. Maria de PIMENTEL: born about 1725 in Sao Jorge, Nordeste, Sao Miguel, Acores.
31. Maria de PIMENTEL: born about 1700.
Genealogist and writer. Creator of the Portuguese Hawaiian Genealogy and Heritage website, yourislandroutes.com