Randy has offered up this challenge for Saturday night. List your 16 Great Great Grandparents, give their birth and death information, then figure out your ethnicity. I only have 14 Great Greats, so that’s what I will work with.
Since RootsMagic can do this for me in an Ahnentafel chart, I will cheat a tiny bit. Here they are…
Fifth Generation – My Great Great’s
16. Jean LASSALLE: born on 10 Apr 1825 in Escou, France; married on 16 Jun 1853 in Ogeu les Bains, France.
17. Marie Anne Alexine LOUSTAUNAU: born about 1828 in Ogeu les Bains, France; died on 10 Oct 1862 in Ogeu les Bains, France.
18. Pierre Charles SEGALAS: born on 11 Apr 1817 in Ogeu les Bains, France; married on 1 Aug 1855 in France.
19. Marthe Magdeleine LABOURDETTE: born on 28 Jul 1821 in Buziet, France; died on 21 Jul 1860 in Ogeu les Bains, France.
20. Jean MAZERES DIT SALANAVE: born on 19 Jan 1824 in Ogeu les Bains, France; married on 1 Sep 1854 in France; died in Sep 1893 in Ogeu les Bains, France.
21. Marie Anne LACROUTS: died on 1 Sep 1891 in Ogeu les Bains, France.
22. Jean BREILH: born on 6 May 1845 in Isteste, France; married on 7 Dec 1866 in Castet, France; died on 18 Feb 1921 in Oakland, Alameda Co., CA.
23. Mathilde LAPLAGNE MAUCOR: born on 14 Mar 1848 in Castet, France; died on 12 Nov 1910 in Oakland, Alameda Co., CA.
24. Jacintho PACHECO: born about 1820 in Fenais da Vera Cruz (Ajuda), Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Isl.; died between 1876 and 1882 in Fenais da Vera Cruz (Ajuda), Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Isl..
25. Ana Jacinta de MELO: born about 1830 in Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel Isl.; died on 4 Dec 1902 in Kilauea?, Kauai Co., HI.
26. Jozimas de BRAGA: born on 17 Jul 1849 in Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island; married on 28 Aug 1871 in Divino Esperito Santo, Maia, Sao Miguel, Acores; died on 14 Feb 1922 in Oakland, Alameda Co., CA.
27. Maria da Conceicao de MELLO: born in Jan 1845 in Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island.
28. ??? Jackson, born in England
29. ??? ???, born in England
30. Thomas Augustine JONES: born on 3 Jan 1850 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia; married on 7 Feb 1869 in St. Patrick’s Church, San Francisco, SF Co., CA; died on 14 Mar 1923 in SF Co., CA.
31. Margaret KELLY: born about Nov 1849 in Manchester, Hillsboro Co., NH; died on 13 Jul 1889 in San Francisco, San Francisco Co., CA.
My Dad’s entire side is French no matter how you slice it 🙂
My Mom’s side is a mish mash. Four were Azorean (Portuguese), two were British, one was Australian, and one was American with Irish parentage.
So what does that make me? I’m not that good with math, so I’m going to do my best attempt at guessing. LOL I suspect I’m half French since my Dad’s roots do not vary. Then I’m 25% Portuguese, 10% British, 10% American-Irish, and 5% Australian.
If I got back another generation it gets even more confusing. Thomas Augustine Jones was born in Australian but his parents were not. Margaret Kelly was born in America but her parents were born in Ireland. And, don’t even go their with the Azoreans! When I get back to the settlement of the Azores in the 1400s, I hit all kinds of nobility and my tree goes all over Europe and back to the Middle East.
Thanks for the enjoyable exercise Randy! Even if you did tax the mathematical part of my brain 😉