I’m doing the Book of Me: Getting to Know You Series blog challenge. In this post, I’ll tell you 20 things that you probably didn’t know about me.
Here’s 20 random things about me…
- I hide half of my money when I play Monopoly and Life.
- I make my own yogurt.
- If I have a question, I have to look up the answer. I have to.
- While dogs are my first love, I am partial to pandas, koalas, and sloths. Apparently, I am fond of animals that don’t move very fast.
- I make up words and phrases. Thingerdinger is my go to know when I can’t think of what something is called.
- I wear special braces, orthotics, and shoes because spondylitis destroyed most of the cartilage in my feet.
- I photograph dead flowers as well as living ones. Oh, and bugs which sometimes creeps out my Facebook friends.
- I am a fan of Frank Capra movies.
- I own over 100 vinyl record albums.
- I have experienced a 7.1 earthquake.
- My family thinks I have an unnatural propensity torwards striped shirts.
- The first poem I fell in love with was “Stopping By Woods on Winter’s Evening” by Robert Frost which we had to memorize in 4th grade.
- When I eat cake, I eat the cake first and save the frosting for last.
- I have been writing to a pen pal in England since 1980.
- I am a voracious reader and often have 3 or more books going at one time.
- I believe that Amelia Bedelia was right about a lot of things.
- I am inspired by people like Malala Yousafzai and John Lewis who have hope, passion, and empathy in spite of the things that have happened to them.
- I’ve decorated and hidden over 50 rocks since summer as part of the Peace Rock Project.
- I never really liked meat, eggs, or dairy, so becoming a vegan was easier for me than some.
- I did not intentionally teach my dog how to sing Happy Birthday to You, but I laugh every time she does.
There’s more, but I’ll save it for another day.
This post was written for the Book of Me: Getting to Know Me Series created by Julie Goucher of The Anglers Rest
Genealogist and writer. Creator of the Portuguese Hawaiian Genealogy and Heritage website, yourislandroutes.com