This is the second challenge set out in Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun for the Genealympics. This time I am to take one surname from my tree and write about how far back I can go.
I am going to avoid the Portuguese. Their surnames change so frequently that I wouldn’t get back very far. I’m going to go with Lassalle, my Dad’s side of the tree.
This line, of course, starts with me. I can go back 8 generations on this line. I can go back many, many, many more generations on my Portuguese line, but not by surname.
- My Dad
- Jean Lassalle and Anna Madeleine Mazeres (m. 1912, California)
- Pierre Lassalle and Elisabeth Segalas (m. 1887, Ogeu les bains, France)
- Jean Lassalle and Marie Anne Alexine Loustanau (m. 1857, Ogeu les bains, France
- Augustin Lassalle and Marie-Anne Maissonauve (m. 1818, Ogeu les bains, France)
- Jean Pierre Bouchet and Catherine Lassalle (m. ca 1800, France)
- Luc de Bie and Marie Lassalle (m. ca 1780, France)
- Jean Baptiste de Migeu and Marie Lassalle (m. 1740, Escou, France)
Medal earns: 8 generations = Gold Medal