As many of you know, we have a Facebook group for Portuguese Hawaiian Genealogy. Recently, the group was upgraded to the new Facebook Group format. This made for some pleasant changes and some unforeseen consequences.
The main complaint being voiced is about the excessive amount of email one gets as a group member. While it’s nice to receive emails when posts are made, they can get to be overwhelming especially if you belong to several groups. I’m going to show you how to turn off individual group emails.
1. Log into Facebook.
2. Click on Account.
3. You’ll see a drop down menu. Choose “Account Settings”.
4. From the Account Setting page, click on the Notifications tab.
5. Scroll down the page until you see the section titled “Groups”.
6. Click on the link “Change Email Settings For Individual Groups”.
7. A pop up window will list all the groups you belong to. All you need to do is click on the box to uncheck a specific group. This turns off email notifications for that group. If you click on the box again, you’ll turn email notifications back on.
8. Click “Save Settings” to save your choices–and you’re done!
I hope this helps everyone have a more enjoyable experience with our group. Be sure to join the group and post your surnames. You never know! You may find a new cousin!