The latest Carnival of Genealogy is on New Year’s Resolutions. What will be my research goals for the year? What will be my blogging goals?
1. I would like to get all the data on the folder on my desk and on my computer input into my database. I have been working on it slowly for the last 6 months and it would be great to get it all in my database so when I look something up it’s actually there.
2. I want to connect John Dolan to my Dolan family. Failing that, I want to find proof that he does not belong to my Dolan family.
3. I want to finish research my Portuguese side in the voter registration indexes for California.
4. I would like to find immigration information on my Jones family that left Australia for San Francisco.
5. I want to find a photograph of the house my Jackson ancestors lived in on 25th Avenue in Oakland through Google Street Views.
6. I want to find out who Martin Kelly and Catharine Dolan’s parents were.
7. I’d like to find out what happened to James Small and his daughter, Mary Small, after his wife, Winifred (Kelly) Small died.
8. I’d like to figure out where the parents of Thomas Augustine Jones, John Jones and Mary Jane Haywards, are buried.
9. I’d like to find proof of Antonio Pacheco’s parentage.
10. I’d like to find out what happened to my Grandfather’s cousin, Maria (Pacheco) Buskirk.
Graveyard Rabbits of Kauai Blog
1. I want to become more involved in the blog and write more regularly.
2. I’d like to find out more about the burial customs in Hawaii, the materials used for tombstones, what the symbols mean, and so forth.
3. I’d like to place all my tombstone photographs on a website like findagrave.com and write about them on my blog.
4. I’d like to find a list of the cemeteries past and present on Kauai and write about their history.
5. I would like to find the caused of changes in some of the stones I’ve found (for instance, some are black) and find out what causes this condition. Or, where they originally this color?
The Research Journal
1. I want to blog more regularly. At least twice a week.
2. I want to tell people more about my research journeys as a learning tool.
3. I want to find online databases that will be helpful to my readers.
4. I want to finish uploading my ship manifest indexes for Hawaii/San Francisco on islandroutes.com and report them on the Research Journal.
5. I would like to make my blog entertaining and educational.
So those are my goals. I hope that I will achieve at least a few of them before the year ends.
What are your genealogy goals?